[MEBC-Butterfly] 2013 butterfly counts at Roan Mtn. and Elizabethton TN

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:14:10 -0400 (EDT)

The Roan Mountain, TN Butterfly Count will be on Saturday, the 20th of July,
meeting at 10 AM at the Visitor Center in Roan Mountain State Park.  We will
count in low elevation sites until lunch, then after lunch we will proceed to
the higher elevations.  Weather conditions can vary locally through the day, so
come prepared for sun/rain/wind/cold/heat.  We will eat lunch at a local
restaurant, or you can bring a lunch and have a picnic.

The Elizabethton, TN Butterfly Count will be on Saturday, the 3rd of August.
This is a change from previous years when me met on the first Sunday of August.
 We will meet at 9 AM Saturday at the Visitor Center of Sycamore Shoals State
Historic Area in Elizabethton.  We will count in the Sycamore Shoals area in
the morning, then picnic in the park.  After lunch we will carpool to Holston
Mountain for the afternoon.  As usual, come prepared for changeable weather.

You can contact me at (423)483 0470 or dnldhlt@xxxxxxx

Don Holt