[mea] Re: finding and paying an experienced copy editor

  • From: debra@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:05:33 -0500

Charlie,

I've done copy editing for a local publisher in the past ... I don't know
what the current rate, but would be willing both to find out and to put my
name forward to do the copy editing for this university journal. Let me
know.

Debra

             <cepeters@xxxxxxx

             mea-bounce@freeli         <mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
             sts.org                   <mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12/07/2010 01:53                                      Subject
             PM                        [mea] finding and paying an
                                       experienced copy editor

             Please respond to
             mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

The editors of an academic journal that is housed at a Winnipeg university
are looking for an experienced copy editor. The journal is a bi-annual
publication and each issue requires fifty to eighty hours of copy-editing.

Can someone advise us how we might best go about finding a copy editor?
Also, estimates of a reasonable hourly rate for an experienced copy editor
would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch, in advance, for your response,
charlie

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image