//MARS R/ Re: August Staff Meeting Announcement -- a must-read

  • From: Smith Dave <desmls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:39:44 -0700 (PDT)


I will be at the meeting.  Have spoken to the AL manager; we are locked in for 
each first Thursday at 6:00 p.m.

Have spoken to Fran...waiting for him to clear his calendar.


From: Tony AAT3FG <aat3fg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MDC Staff <mdmars_staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Gary AAR3EY <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>; 
AAT3OK <aat3ok@xxxxxxxxx>; Wayne AAT3GI <AAT3GI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, July 29, 2010 6:55:11 AM
Subject: //MARS R/ August Staff Meeting Announcement -- a must-read

The August staff meeting is scheduled for 05 August, 7pm, at the Sykesville 
American Legion Hall. 

In preparation for that meeting, you are requested to:
1.       RSVP regarding your attendance (that means send a “Yes, I will attend” 
or “No, I will not attend”)
2.       Submit items for the agenda under the general categories listed below
3.       Respond to any appropriate action (and “should have been action”) 
listed below either:
a.       At the meeting or 
b.      by return email prior to the meeting if you are not attending.
The general agenda categories are:
1.       Membership
2.       Training
3.       MEMA
4.       Repeaters
5.       MMARSI 
6.       Misc. (Items for discussion that do not fall under any of the major 
The following items are carried over from the June meeting:
Action: Dave and Wayne to contact Fran AAR3BV and arrange for a site visit 
regarding assistance with digital modes and with RF noise sniffing
Action: Tony  to work with Mack AAR3BU regarding assistance with NCS and 
Action: Tony to contact Scott to determine his interest/disinterest in EOO 
position  [Closed – Scott declined]
Action: Gary and Jim are to prepare a plan of activities needed to resolve the 
operational issues [at Cascade] and present the plan at the next staff meeting  
[A plan of activities has been submitted.  A plan of action is now needed]
Action: Jim is to contact our POC at the site to determine status of a possible 
relocation to a new building.
Other discussions that should have been designated as action items and are 
treated as such:
1.       Brochures -- Update the file and have multiple copies printed [Jim was 
to update the file and John 3NT was to make copies]
2.       VHF frequencies -- Gary will contact Smitty at HQ to get new VHF 
frequency allocations.  Gary will present himself as the SMD representative in 
order to follow protocol.
3.       DC Repeater -- plans to correct/resolve this situation are not well 
defined at this time [plan needed – prepared by whom?]
4.       MMARSI Email -- John 3CK will establish a MMARSI reflector [Item 
closed: the reflector is in place and active]
5.       Cascade Site Access – Jim is to prepare a letter for contact with the 
new security team at Site C.


Other related posts:

  • » //MARS R/ Re: August Staff Meeting Announcement -- a must-read - Smith Dave