[mdmars_members] Fw: re-hospitalized

  • From: R HENDRICKSON <w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdmars_members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:10:34 -0800 (PST)

--- On Thu, 12/17/09, Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Kathleen McCann <kdmccann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: re-hospitalized
To: "'Charles E. Iliff, Jr.'" <Charlie@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Gary Hendrickson'"
<w3dtn@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mary McCann'" <mmccann@xxxxxxxx>, "'TERRY TEDORE'"
<terrytedore59@xxxxxxx>, "'Sandra McCann'" <sandradmccann@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Dana
B'" <dbannapolis@xxxxxxxxx>, vdbellmediator@xxxxxxx, "'Lynn Knight'"
<lknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Fred Lagno'" <train@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Renee
Rucinsky'" <arpest7@xxxxxxxxxxx>, annaintercessor@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Darla Watts'"
<darla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sewer11468@xxxxxxxxxxx, LegumLaw@xxxxxxx, "'Larry &
Polly Dulin'" <seaquel@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: achess@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 11:51 PM

HS Associates,

Monday night, Scott’s leg looked fine when I changed the bandage.  Tuesday
night it looked awful – like it was infected again – but he had no pain, fever
or other symptoms.  First thing Wednesday morning I called the doctor and made
arrangements to have Scott seen at the Shock Trauma Clinic right away.  The
doctor took one look at the leg and admitted him to the hospital with plans to
operate asap.  This morning the doctor did what he called a “wash out” of
Scott’s leg and put the wound vac back on.  The infection is serious but the
doctor is hopeful that another 6 week course of IV antibiotics will kill it.
When I left the hospital tonight around 10, the plan was to start the IV
antibiotics at 11 p.m.  The doctor will do another wash-out on Saturday and,
eventually, a “free flap” will have to be done by a plastic surgeon.  We don’t
know when that will be or whether Scott will come home before that is done.
Needless to say,
 Scott will be in the hospital at least through the weekend.  I will send out
updates as things continue to develop.

KDM

Kathleen Duckett McCann
Law Office of Kathleen Duckett McCann, LLC
160 Shields Lane
Queenstown, Maryland  21658
410-827-5622