[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1727

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:35:21 -0700

There are 3 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: IPCfg - Win98
           From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Missing a necesary root certificate
           From: Rakesh Tewary <rtewary@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 06:24:38 -0700 (PDT)
   From: casper <officialbizniz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IPCfg - Win98

It could have been caused by a simple corruption or by corruption caused by
any given virus or spyware/malware.

Ken Hollingsworth <kenholl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I received your attachment - and will try that one.
BTW - I just cranked it, and a "find" shows only
one copy of Wsock32 (not winsock).DLL in
/Windows/System.  It's only about 22 kb.  If your
copy is some 40 kb, I wonder if it's the right one???
or perhaps, that's the problem with mine....

Ken Hollingsworth

On 4/16/06, bjsumter <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
do you want all 3 of them or just one and can you send me your home
address.
  bj

From: foofaraw in the middle
  Which folders are they located in? Post the file path pls. Do they all
have the same file size?

  bj <bjsumter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  i have 3 of these showing up on a search of my windows 98 SE. want me to
send them to you. they are in 3 different folders.

   Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:12:05 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I. FTP Have you tried it?

I plan to update a website in the next couple of weeks. I will be
uploading one .js file and some .html I may even send up a test gif
and test jpg just to see how it does. If I get any errors I will
make note here, if not cool.

The one issue I did find is that it does not have an auto file type
detection. But as long as you set to upload as binary add your ASCII
extensioins to the always send as ASCII then no issues so far.

I found this little gem on a website called
http://www.portablefreeware.com/

It is really cool. They list hundreds of programs they consider
portable. They list on the site where the settings are stored if in
the registry or in the program folder. Only a very few listed on the
site store in the registry and they only list them if they have
limited registry intrusion and are worth considering as portable.

This site is now in my favorites list.

Vince

Message: 3
   Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:25:36 +0530
   From: Rakesh Tewary <rtewary@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Missing a necesary root certificate

Hello everybody,

I started my computer today and got the following message -

CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad.

Press F2 to run Setup.
Press F1 tol oad default values and continue.

Knowing nothing about Setup, I pressed F1. This popup window came up -

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\Zone Alarm\zclient.exe

There was a white cross/multiplication sign inside a red button.
Validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\system32\VSINIT.dll. You re probably
missing a necessary root certificate.

What does this mean and what should I do? Please help.

Till the point when I shut down the machine last night, nothing untoward
had happened nor did I load any new programme?

Many thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Ricky.

See the self help page here