[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1714

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:11:19 -0700

There are 4 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Online Bookmarks
           From: Steve Eisenberg <chobersdeert@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: hosting query
           From: "francolondra" <francolondra@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Goes Free
           From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Digest Number 1713
           From: Norma Steele <noearthspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 05:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Steve Eisenberg <chobersdeert@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Online Bookmarks

Vince:

I've been using the del.ic.ious extension with Firefox.
No problems, and I don't lose my bookmarks every time I wipe my HD out.

Steve
NH

Vince <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hello:

 Just found some time today to play a bit and was wondering if anyone
 has tried any of the online bookmark websites.

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:41:37 -0000
   From: "francolondra" <francolondra@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hosting query

Thank you Reuven, Terry and Vince. Very helpful.

Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:53:49 -0700
   From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Goes Free

Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Goes Free
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/default.mspx>
On April 3, Microsoft announced that Virtual Server 2005 R2 Enterprise
Edition will become available as a free download. You can use Virtual
Server to create a robust virtualization environment for your production
server consolidation, to support disaster recovery and high availability
scenarios, and to consolidate mixed workloads including Linux guest
operating systems.

Introduction
In conjunction with Windows Server 2003, Virtual Server 2005 R2 provides a
virtualization platform that runs most major x86 operating systems in a
guest environment, and is supported by Microsoft as a host for Windows
Server operating systems and Windows Server System applications. Virtual
Server 2005 R2's comprehensive COM API, in combination with the Virtual
Hard Drive (VHD) format and support for virtual networking, provide
administrators complete scripted control of portable, connected virtual
machines and enable easy automation of deployment, and ongoing change and
configuration.

Additionally, its integration with a wide variety of existing Microsoft and
third-party management tools allows administrators to seamlessly manage a
Virtual Server 2005 R2 environment with their existing physical server
management tools. A wide array of complementary product and service
offerings are available from Microsoft and its partners to help businesses
plan for, deploy, and manage Virtual Server 2005 R2 in their environment.
++ There is more on the web site.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

Message: 4
   Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:02:55 -0700
   From: Norma Steele <noearthspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1713

Vince, I have been using Furl for about a year.  I have found no
spyware, it is a reliable program that I cannot imagine not using.

Earlier, Vince wrote:

>Subject: Online Bookmarks
>
>Hello:
>
>Just found some time today to play a bit and was wondering if anyone
>has tried any of the online bookmark websites.  Yes I know that you
>can store your bookmarks on My Yahoo but some of the others look a bit
>better with a small window like a messenger that opens the page you
>are trying to get to in a new window. They are usually shareable.
>
>So what I am hoping to find here are good and bad comments about
>sites, such things as who gives you spyware and who don't, who is
>reliable and who is not.
>
>Thanks for any input that come this direction.
>Vince

Live, love and laugh!

Norma Steele

See the self help page here