[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1380

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 09:35:35 -0700

           From: "Gerald R. Flintrop" <grflintrop@xxxxxxx>
           From: R2LaMigra@xxxxxxx
           From: "Joseph Gonda" <gonjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: <irvs521@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Sean" <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Sean" <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "jonleo" <vze2g4ja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Dennis Jenkins" <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "j.d. kassan" <jkass97@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: Milt Knight <pcpartstrader@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: New MCH Forums
           From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: New MCH Forums
           From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 08:34:55 -0700
   From: "Gerald R. Flintrop" <grflintrop@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Determining USB level (1.1 or 2.0?)

The PC is a three-year-old DELL, running WinXP Pro. Is there an easy way to
tell at which "level" the installed USB services run?

TIA,

Jerry

Message: 2
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:06:46 EDT
   From: R2LaMigra@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MCH Forums

i'M INTERESTED, WHAT'S THE URL?

Message: 3
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 17:48:18 +0300
   From: "Joseph Gonda" <gonjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Disk Drives that never Forget...

I have a problem which drives me crazy. Whenever I insert a CD or DVD into=
drive it reads the first disk I put into it - and then it "thinks" it is
"always"  there even when I
replace it.  As a result I can read only one disk per session, and need to
reboot for the other. This became intolerable when I had to install a
software that requires two disks and waits for the second to be inserted
into the same drive. The installation failed of course.

When I Explore the drive - it shows me the contents of the previous one.
This happens on ALL three drives I have on my computer
It happens even if I approach the drives through another computer which is
on the same network. (There only two of them).

I have 3 CD Drives on my machine.
The DVD player is  BENQ 16X - it is the slave on the secondary IDE.
The DVD burner is LG GSA 4082B - and it is the Master on the Secondary
Channel
The CD Burner is Samsung CD-R/RW 48x IDE which is on Ultra ATA/133 Software
RAID IDE controller

I tried to replace the drivers, though it is unlikely that all the three
went wrong. It was useless

I have an AMD 2200 Machine with 512MB of RAM
Windows XP pro.

Any Idea please?

Thanks
Joseph

Message: 4
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 02:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
   From: <irvs521@xxxxxxxxx>

Pls add me on to new forum. Appreciate ur help in
other forums.        IrvS

--- Sean <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just want to let everyone know that I just created a
> new computer
> support forum site. I am in the process of testing
> its configurations
> and users settings. I'm still learning how to use
> some of the
> features. But the site is at its seminal stage. I
> have already created
> 3 forums and posted three reference articles for
> members to avail of.
> This site may not be for everyone, specially dialup
> members, since you
> have to be online at the time you are reading the
> postings, instead of
> downloading the messages. But if you are interested
> to join do let me
> know privately so I can give you the website address
> where you can
> read the postings (right now, there are just a few
> long articles to
> read at The Library Forum) and register. As of yet,
> I will only give
> the site address to MCH, MCH-PCTips &
> Steveandjohnnie members only and
> members of other allied Yahoogroups such as Pro_Tech
> and
> ComputerSupport_2.
>
> Sean

IrvS

Yahoo! Mail

Message: 5
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:17:34 -0000
   From: "Sean" <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New MCH Forums

I've recently announced the creation of an associated MCH Forums
site and several of you have expressed your interest publicly and
privately in knowing its URL so you can join. If you posted here
regarding that matter, look in your inbox. If you have not received
a response from me, please be patient. I will respond to you
shortly, not publicly, but privately.
Right now, there are only a few people who have registered and about
7 postings are currently in the Forums, most of them found in The
Library. To access the contents of The Library, you will need
another password which I created and I will only let you have that
password after you register.
Your suggestions are most welcome.
Orang, I will email you privately.

Sean

R2LaMigra@xxxxxxx wrote:
i'M INTERESTED, WHAT'S THE URL?

Message: 6

   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 19:44:04 -0400
   From: "jonleo" <vze2g4ja@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Please add my name to the list.  jonleo
  Pls add me on to new forum. Appreciate ur help in
  other forums.        IrvS

  --- Sean <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > Just want to let everyone know that I just created a
  > new computer
  > support forum site. I am in the process of testing
  > its configurations
  > and users settings. I'm still learning how to use

Message: 8
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:53:14 -0500
   From: "Dennis Jenkins" <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New MCH Forums

I'd like a password also.

Dennis Jenkins

> I've recently announced the creation of an associated MCH Forums
> site and several of you have expressed your interest publicly and
> privately in knowing its URL so you can join. If you posted here
> regarding that matter, look in your inbox. If you have not received
> a response from me, please be patient. I will respond to you
> shortly, not publicly, but privately.
> Right now, there are only a few people who have registered and about
> 7 postings are currently in the Forums, most of them found in The
> Library. To access the contents of The Library, you will need
> another password which I created and I will only let you have that
> password after you register.
> Your suggestions are most welcome.
> Orang, I will email you privately.
>
> Sean
>

> R2LaMigra@xxxxxxx wrote:
> i'M INTERESTED, WHAT'S THE URL?

Message: 9
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
   From: "j.d. kassan" <jkass97@xxxxxxxxx>

hi: please register me -- and e-mail a password. all the best    jd

Dennis Jenkins <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I'd like a password also.

Dennis Jenkins

Message: 10
   Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 17:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Milt Knight <pcpartstrader@xxxxxxxxx>

Please add me to your new list. Thank you.

Milt

Message: 11
   Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 01:57:11 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi J. D. Kassan! I don't know if I emailed you yet in response to this MCH
Forums site. I've been emailing quite a number of people about this so
sorry if this is a double email. But if not then go to this URL and
register:
http://s11.invisionfree.com/SpunkyMcSpank/index.php?act=3Didx
Sorry, I cannot register you myself. You have to do it yourself since you
do have to create your own password.

After you do so, email me back so I can tell you the password to access the
contents or subforums inside The Library Forum. Basically you need two
passwords:
1. one that you create during registration which you use to log in to MCH
Forums
2. another one which I created to get inside The Library (I will reveal
this password after you register)

As of yet, there are only a few members who have signed up but they should
be trickling in anytime soon. Your suggestions on how to improve the forums
are always welcome. If you spot any errors while using the Forums, do let
me know also.

Thank you for your interest in joining MCH Forums!

Sean

"j.d. kassan" <jkass97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi: please register me -- and e-mail a password. all the best    jd

Dennis Jenkins <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I'd like a password also.

Dennis Jenkins

=3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
email.=3D=3D=3D

Any intrusive unwanted visitors on your PC?
http://grc.com/optout.htm
http://www.cexx.org/
MCH - http://shorterlink.com/?PBFUJ5

Message: 12
   Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 02:00:05 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>

OK, I need to kick myself for posting this in public. It was just meant for
J.D. Kassan.

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

See the self help page here
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=mch