[mchFree] [MCH] Digest Number 1376

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:16:21 -0700

There are 20 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Pixia: a free powerful photo-editor
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Having problems playing games with pogo and yahoo
           From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. EXTREMELY CRITICAL FIREFOX BUGS!!!!
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Making IE Open New Websites in Full Size
           From: "benesesso" <benesesso@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "Dennis Jenkins" <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. New iTunes Security Flaw
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Making IE Open New Websites in Full Size
           From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. 'Zaptastic' widget demonstrates Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger Dashboard
exploit
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  IN  ADVANCE  - was  - Re: If they are old
floppies - OT
           From: "atewary" <rtewary@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. Internet Explorer Gets Top Priority
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Burning backup images to DVDs?
           From: "BOBBY" <bcrook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Re: New Memory Stumped
           From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Pixia: a free powerful photo-editor
           From: MURRAY WHITE <phymur@xxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Pixia: a free powerful photo-editor
           From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
     19. EXTREMELY CRITICAL FIREFOX BUGS!!!!
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. EXTREMELY CRITICAL FIREFOX BUGS!!!!
           From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Pixia: a free powerful photo-editor

PIXIA: A Powerful (Yet Totally Free) Photo-Editing Program
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/
Current version: 3.1
Freeware

This program has all kinds of special features used in the creation of
bitmap pictures (whereas Irfanview was designed mainly to manipulate
existing images). Pixia can be downloaded from this site:
<http://www.ab.wakwak.com/~knight/>.

Pixia is an extremely full-featured program that has "layer" capabilities
similar to those found in Adobe PhotoShop, Corel PhotoPaint, and PaintShop
Pro. It also has manuals in several different languages that can be freely
downloaded. It is really quite an amazing package, considering that it's a
totally free program.

Tutorial sites
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/tutorial.htm

Download site
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/download.htm

Message: 2
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:03:06 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Having problems playing games with pogo and yahoo

Do  you mean, www.java.com?

MURRAY WHITE <phymur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before installing the Java version found in the link suggested by Murray, I
would suggest to you to go first to your Add/Remove Programs in Control
Panel and remove all the other Java versions that you have there. Then
install the new version. The reason for that is the older Java software are
vulnerable to several exploits.

Will agree with you there Sean. I did remove them post install but better
to do before.

Unfortunately, I forgot the link where I downloaded the program from.

When I d/l I prepare a separate folder named with the program and its
version # and then after receiving the d/l, I drag the link into the folder
and after the install is done, I then drag that folder into My Installed
Folder and all of this is in My Downloads in My Documents. Also, sometimes
if you open a program, in the Help>about, there is a website link (not
always though)

Any intrusive unwanted visitors on your PC?
http://grc.com/optout.htm
http://www.cexx.org/
GO NAPSTER
1 MILLION songs. Military discount. $14.95 a month. Dump iTune$.
MCH - http://shorterlink.com/?PBFUJ5

Message: 3
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:36:19 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: EXTREMELY CRITICAL FIREFOX BUGS!!!!

A patch is expected shortly, but in the meantime users can protect
themselves by switching off JavaScript. In addition, the Mozilla Foundation
has now made the flaws effectively impossible to exploit by changes to the
server-side download mechanism on the update.mozilla.org and
addons.mozilla.org sites.

An attacker could create a malicious page using frames and a JavaScript
history flaw to make software installations appear to be coming from a
"trusted" site. By default, Firefox allows software installations from
update.mozilla.org and addons.mozilla.org, but users can add their own
sites to this whitelist.
The second part of the exploit triggers software installation using an
input verification bug in the "IconURL" parameter in the install mechanism.
The effect is that a user could click on an icon and trigger the execution
of malicious JavaScript code. Because the code is executed from the
browser's user interface, it has the same privileges as the user running
Firefox, according to researchers.

Mozilla Foundation said it has protected most users from the exploit by
altering the software installation mechanism on its two whitelisted sites.
However, users may be vulnerable if they have added other sites to the
whitelist.

Users who have not added any additional sites to their software
installation whitelist are no longer at risk.

Steve wrote:
I usually leave this stuff for some of our resident computer gurus to post,
but this story seems really important for anyone using Firefox.
http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/163100258
Steve

Message: 4
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:29:46 -0000
   From: "benesesso" <benesesso@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Making IE Open New Websites in Full Size

I can't figure out how to make IE/XP open new websites in "full-size".
Every time I visit somewhere they open in reduced size.

Message: 5
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:40:28 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New Memory Stumped

Yep been down those avenues. The first memory purchased was exactly
the same as another person purchased for the same model of computer.

I have never run into an issue like this before. I have no idea what
the heck could be going on.

I have a request into the maker of the memory to see if they have any
possible solutions to this issue but I am almost convinced that the
previous reply by Dennis is going to turn out to be the problem.

Vince

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, foofaraw in the middle
<foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxx> wrote:
> Did you refer to the motherboard manual to see what type/brand of
memory the mobo manufacturer recommends or what the mobo requires?

Message: 6
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:26:37 -0500
   From: "Dennis Jenkins" <maillist_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: New Memory Stumped

I had two identical motherboards that exhibited this strange memory chip
problem.  When I moved one to a different case the nature of the problem
changed.

I'm now blaming that on flexing some motherboard trace.

It's a real head scratcher for sure.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

> Yep been down those avenues. The first memory purchased was exactly
> the same as another person purchased for the same model of computer.
>
> I have never run into an issue like this before. I have no idea what
> the heck could be going on.
>
> I have a request into the maker of the memory to see if they have any
> possible solutions to this issue but I am almost convinced that the
> previous reply by Dennis is going to turn out to be the problem.
>
> Vince
>
> --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, foofaraw in the middle
> <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxx> wrote:
> > Did you refer to the motherboard manual to see what type/brand of
> memory the mobo manufacturer recommends or what the mobo requires?

Message: 7
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New iTunes Security Flaw

 Security firm Secunia on Tuesday urged Apple iTunes users to upgrade to
version 4.8 of the software in order to avoid a recently discovered
security flaw, which it has listed as "highly critical." The hole is
created by causing a buffer overflow via a specifically crafted MPEG4 file.
If the exploit is successful, a user's system could be compromised to run
malicious code, and cause a denial-of-service attack.

Apple was made aware of the problem and has fixed it in its latest
version. "iTunes 4.8 addresses this issue by improving the validation
checks used when loading MPEG4 files," Apple said in a security advisory
listing security enhancements to the new version of the software.

Download:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Message: 8
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:57:46 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Making IE Open New Websites in Full Size

Close all IE windows. Launch IE and drag the sides to
desired size. Then close it. Open it again. From that
moment on, it should open using the size that you want IE
to open with. Make sure that when you close the last IE
Window that the size is as you desire. Watch out for popups
which open in smaller IE windows. If you happen to close a
popup last with reduced window size, the following IE
windows will inherit that windows size.

--- benesesso <benesesso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't figure out how to make IE/XP open new websites in
> "full-size".
> Every time I visit somewhere they open in reduced size.

Any intrusive unwanted visitors on your PC?
http://grc.com/optout.htm
http://www.cexx.org/
MCH - http://shorterlink.com/?PBFUJ5

Yahoo! Mail

Message: 9
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:06:08 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 'Zaptastic' widget demonstrates Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger Dashboard
exploit

 'Zaptastic' widget demonstrates Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger Dashboard exploit

From: http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/05/09/zaptastic/index.php

 A new Web page documents an issue with Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger's" new
Dashboard feature that, left unchecked, could potentially be exploited by
malware developers, according to the page's author. The exploit is
described and demonstrated on a page called Zaptastic: Blueprint for a
widget of mass destruction. Going by the nom de plume of Stephan.com,the
author has described how Safari 2.0's default preference settings could
lead users to unwittingly download and install a Dashboard widget.

Safari 2.0 includes a default preference called "Open safe files after
downloading." With that preference active and a meta tag on a Web page
linked to a downloadable file, Stephan.com demonstrates that widgets can
automatically be installed by Dashboard simply by visiting a Web page.

The page itself demonstrates the technique by downloading a ZIP file
containing a simple widget called "Zaptastic." And while Zaptastic
doesn't do much =97 it pushes users to a Web site for a PayPal
competitor called GreenZap =97 Stephan.com explained that it could
potentially be exploited by forcing you to visit a specific Web page
every time you open Dashboard, or worse.

Apple hasn't made it easy for Dashboard users to de-install widgets,
either =97 there's no built-in control panel or application for turning=
 them
on and off. Users must manually de-install widgets by removing them from
the ~/Library/Widgets directory.

Users have noted several other workarounds, as well. Unchecking the
"Open safe files after downloading" Safari preference is one; making
the ~/Library/Widgets directory read-only is another, and killing the
offending Widget process using a Terminal application is a third option.

MacCentral hasn't linked to the Zaptastic Web page, but you can get
there by visiting the Stephan.com Web site.

Message: 10
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:48:58 +0530
   From: "atewary" <rtewary@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  IN  ADVANCE  - was  - Re: If they are old
floppies - OT

Hello Viv,

Wherever you are today - here is wishing you a very, very Happy Birthday
and with best wishes for many more healthier, wealthier and wiser ones
to come. These wishes come winging to you all the way from India.

Take care and have a nice day.

Warm regards,
Ricky.

Message: 11
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:52:41 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Internet Explorer Gets Top Priority

I'm sure the reason for this is not because of the 50 MILLION (and growing)
Firefox downloads that Mozilla.org is enjoying. With that BIG NUMBER, the
message is LOUD AND CLEAR from the computing public. IE users are not happy
with what is happening to IE. I hope the things mentioned in the following
article are not just empty promises from Redmond. Real innovations, strong
security and insured privacy are what IE users are dying to get from MS.
Let's keep our fingers, legs and eyes crossed for that, won't we?

Internet Explorer Gets Top Priority
SOURCE: WinBeta

 Microsoft is not going to wait for the next version of Windows,
codenamed Longhorn, to ship before it makes changes to improve the
security of key components such as Internet Explorer, which will see a
significant security upgrade in its next release due for beta in
summer 2005.

"We made the decision that the things we were doing wouldn't just be
in Longhorn and that we needed to get them into the hands of the
current installed base as well. IE 7 is down-level to XP, even though
somewhat of a superset of it is the browser in Longhorn," said Microsoft
Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates in an interview at WinHEC.

In Longhorn, Internet Explorer will run in its own protected space and will
isolate itself from other parts of the operating system.

Microsoft is adding several security enhancements to IE 7.0. The new
version will have technology to prevent cross-domain scripting, and
the default mode will be one with a reduced privilege level to help
prevent attackers from using IE as a stepping-off point for other attacks.

Version 7.0 may also include integration with Microsoft's emerging
anti-spyware technology, which is currently in beta.

Message: 12
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:04:10 -0000
   From: "BOBBY" <bcrook@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Burning backup images to DVDs?

I just purchased Acronis TI and have read that one of the backup
options is to burn the image to DVDs.  This requires Packet-Writing
software I'm told.  I read on an informational atricle that Win XP had
it's own Packet-Writind software and that some drives included that
software also.  My D drive is a LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H DVD/CDR and my
E drive is a LITE-ON DVD+RW LDW-401S DVD/CDR.  Would either of these
contain the Packet-Writing software or where can I find that within Win
XPHome?  Bobby

Message: 13
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:37:30 -0400
   From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Have you tried ordering memory from Crucial?  If you go through their
system, they guarantee compatibility.  Personally, I don't use anything
else.

What is the make and model of the motherboard or the system?  Never
mind; I see that I've already given you part numbers from Crucial, so
you must have given the make and model earlier. (256 part #'s are CT
268933/34 ($67); 128 part #'s are CT268931/32 ($37))

If the CPU runs at 7.5 x 133, then you'll need PC133 memory.  I don't
know; you can futz around with memory from local sources or you can
order from Crucial, install the memory and move on to something else.
Beeps?  If you get one long and 3 short beeps, you may have dislodged
the video card.  If you just get a series of steady beeps, that's
probably a memory issue.

One thing I do with any used memory I have is to run it in one of my
older Win98 systems and use the CTSpd.exe program to identify the
parameters, which I then put on a label.

Tom

Vince wrote:
> [...]
> memory memory we tried as you recall had a problem giving registry
> errors when installed with the original memory. When installed alone
> windows would not boot.
>
> Now the new chip I purchased will not run at all when installed alone
> I just get muitipal bios beeps. If installed with the original memory
> the computer works fine but the second chip is not recognized.
>
> Dell also confirmed that there would be no issues if the chips did
> have different density.
>
> I am now lost. I may just have to leave my friend with 128mb or send
> him to a shop that will just put chips in until we find one that will
> work.
>
> Vince
>
> --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>I believe that the CPU runs at 10 x 100FSB (although it could be
>
> running
>
>>at 7.5 x 133), so the memory is running at 100MHz rather than
>
> 133MHz.
>
>>Most PC133 memory will operate this way but some won't.  Sounds
>
> like you
>
>>got the kind that won't.
>>
>>Or you may have to go into the BIOS and change the FSB settings.
>
> You'll
>
>>need to check with Intel to see how that CPU is supposed to be set.
>>
>>A couple years ago, I ran into some memory put out by Kingston.  It
>
> was
>
>>labeled PC133 and the boob at OfficeMax assured me it would run on

>>system that took PC100. (BTW, the real boob at OfficeMax was me for
>>believing what the store clerk told me.)  As it turned out,
>
> Kingston
>
>>even had a warning on their website that the memory in question may
>
> not
>
>>work in all systems at 100MHz.  I've since stayed with Crucial with
>
> no
>
>>problems whatsoever and never looked back.
>>
>>Another thing may be differing CAS latency.  Memory with a latency
>
> of 2
>
>>is faster than memory with a latency of 3.  In a system, when
>
> multiple
>
>>memory modules are installed, the motherboard usually times memory
>>access using the parameters contained in the SPD chip on the first
>>module, the module in the No.1 DIMM slot.  If that module has a
>
> latency
>
>>of 2 and the second one a latency of 3, the system will be trying

>>access the second module faster than it can handle things.  So try
>>swapping the modules around, putting the newer one in the first
>
> slot and
>
>>the original in the second slot.
>>
>>If the 128MB memory was the original from Dell, then either the 128
>
> or
>
>>256MB sticks from Crucial will work. 256 part #'s are CT 268933/34
>>($67); 128 part #'s are CT268931/32 ($37)
>>
>>Tom
>

> =3D=3D=3DMOD RULE: Delete this line & everything below it when responding=
 to an
email.=3D=3D=3D

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 14
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:45:36 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well I think for now I am just going to give up on this problemfor
now. My friend does not want to keep purchasing memory and it not
working. I will try different modules if and when I can find some at
one of my suppliers that will let me bring in the machine and try
different chips till I find one that works.

Thanks
Vince

--- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dennis Jenkins"
<maillist_1@xxxx> wrote:
> I had two identical motherboards that exhibited this strange
memory chip
> problem.  When I moved one to a different case the nature of the
problem
> changed.
>
> I'm now blaming that on flexing some motherboard trace.
>
> It's a real head scratcher for sure.<G>
>
> Dennis Jenkins

Message: 15
   Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:53:26 -0000
   From: "Vince" <timechaser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If it were for me I would try Crucial but I can't get the person I
am helping to spend more than 29.00 for memory.

I already told them I will not try again unless they buy Crucial or
atleast someone local so it is not so hard to return.

wrote:
> Have you tried ordering memory from Crucial?  If you go through
their
> system, they guarantee compatibility.  Personally, I don't use
anything
> else.
>
> What is the make and model of the motherboard or the system?
Never
> mind; I see that I've already given you part numbers from Crucial,
so
> you must have given the make and model earlier. (256 part #'s are
CT
> 268933/34 ($67); 128 part #'s are CT268931/32 ($37))
>
> If the CPU runs at 7.5 x 133, then you'll need PC133 memory.  I
don't
> know; you can futz around with memory from local sources or you
can
> order from Crucial, install the memory and move on to something
else.
> Beeps?  If you get one long and 3 short beeps, you may have
dislodged
> the video card.  If you just get a series of steady beeps, that's
> probably a memory issue.
>
> One thing I do with any used memory I have is to run it in one of
my
> older Win98 systems and use the CTSpd.exe program to identify the
> parameters, which I then put on a label.
>
> Tom

Message: 16
   Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:38:35 -0400
   From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sounds like you need to let your friend work on his own stuff or start
charging him for all the trips back and forth to the shop.  There is a
reason why things are different prices and if this doesn't bring that
home to him, nothing will.

Won't pay more than $29?  Get him a stick of 64MB.  I rarely charge to
install memory but you will use the memory I recommend or you'll take
your system somewhere else.  Life's too short.

Tom

Vince wrote:
> If it were for me I would try Crucial but I can't get the person I
> am helping to spend more than 29.00 for memory.
>
> I already told them I will not try again unless they buy Crucial or
> atleast someone local so it is not so hard to return.
>
> Vince
>
> --- In mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Have you tried ordering memory from Crucial?  If you go through
>
> their
>
>>system, they guarantee compatibility.  Personally, I don't use
>
> anything
>
>>else.
>>
>>What is the make and model of the motherboard or the system?
>
> Never
>
>>mind; I see that I've already given you part numbers from Crucial,
>
> so
>
>>you must have given the make and model earlier. (256 part #'s are
>
> CT
>
>>268933/34 ($67); 128 part #'s are CT268931/32 ($37))
>>
>>If the CPU runs at 7.5 x 133, then you'll need PC133 memory.  I
>
> don't
>
>>know; you can futz around with memory from local sources or you
>
> can
>
>>order from Crucial, install the memory and move on to something
>
> else.
>
>>Beeps?  If you get one long and 3 short beeps, you may have
>
> dislodged
>
>>the video card.  If you just get a series of steady beeps, that's
>>probably a memory issue.
>>
>>One thing I do with any used memory I have is to run it in one of
>
> my
>
>>older Win98 systems and use the CTSpd.exe program to identify the
>>parameters, which I then put on a label.
>>
>>Tom

Message: 17
   Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:22:59 -0400 (EDT)
   From: MURRAY WHITE <phymur@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pixia: a free powerful photo-editor

d/l'd and installed the program and quickly removed it. nothing in help
files. not much available for image editing and it seems not to do thing
simply and easily without more info. A freeware program that to me for
image editing that is good is Serif PhotoPlus 6.0. One thing I don't like
about it is the inability to constrain cropping.

MW

K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PIXIA: A Powerful (Yet Totally Free) Photo-Editing Program
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/
Current version: 3.1
Freeware

This program has all kinds of special features used in the creation of
bitmap pictures (whereas Irfanview was designed mainly to manipulate
existing images). Pixia can be downloaded from this site: .

Pixia is an extremely full-featured program that has "layer" capabilities
similar to those found in Adobe PhotoShop, Corel PhotoPaint, and PaintShop
Pro. It also has manuals in several different languages that can be freely
downloaded. It is really quite an amazing package, considering that it's a
totally free program.

Tutorial sites
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/tutorial.htm

Download site
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/download.htm

Message: 18
   Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 03:09:25 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Seantific <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>

Did you try the tutorial links?

MURRAY WHITE <phymur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:d/l'd and installed the program and
[...]

Message: 19
   Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 05:18:21 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

Love Opera better than Firefox. But I use them both. SMB has some great
tips on Firefox. I hope you all come and visit SMB just for the tips. For
example, do you know you can open Firefox with multiple tabs (multiple
homepages instantly open when Firefox is launched)? What I like about Opera
is when you close it with multiple pages open, when you launch it again
next time, those same pages will instantly open when you launch Opera.
What's even more amazing is if you uninstall Opera so you can install the
new version, upon completion of the installation, try launching it and the
same open pages will again launch. I found that out by accident. Right now,
I have about 32 pages open when I launch Opera. Some of the websites that
Opera opens for me instantly are SaveMyButt.com, all 3 of my email sites,
several computer or technolog sites, and some movie, music, nursing and
technical forums.I know a few people who do not even use their bookmarks
because of this Opera feature. You can do
 the same with Firefox but it needs an extension which is no biggie. I
know, that is coming up in SMB as the next Firefox tip. If they forget to
post it, kindly remind them to do so, won't you please?

Message: 20
   Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 05:44:55 -0700 (PDT)
   From: K-lang <cade00000@xxxxxxxxx>

By the way, the way to verify which sites are on you whitelist, in Firefox,
click Tools>Options>Web Features>Allowed Sites button next to the 'Allow
web sites to install software' checkbox. The following are OK to have in
your whitelist:
update.mozilla.org
addons.mozilla.org
These two sites can no longer be used as part of the exploit described=
 here.
If you have installed other Firefox extensions not found in the two sites
listed above (like stumbleupon.com) then you might have other sites listed
in your white list. It may be prudent at this point in time to delete those
other ones besides those two above. You can add them later when a patch is
created or a new version is made available to cover this vulnerability.
How many extensions do you have installed for Firefox? I have 22 and I've
only just begun :).

K-lang  wrote:

[...]

 see the Yahoo home page
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/