[marc-announce] Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:48:32 -0700

Greetings MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again, the time has arrived for our monthly club meeting. The meeting will be held, as usual, at Murray Fire Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (about 35 W).  The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM MST as usual.

The training at this meeting will be provided by our own illustrious Founder, Dan (N7XDL), who will be talking to us about GMRS (the General Mobile Radio System).  Now, if you are wondering what GMRS has to do with amateur radio, you'll need to come to the meeting to find out!

Prior to the meeting, at 6:00 PM MST, we will have a brief "check-in" net on the 2m simplex frequency 146.440 MHz.  As usual, for simplex there is no tone or offset.

I hope to see you all at the meeting!

Please note that we are still looking for instructors and briefings for the first and second weeks of February.  If you have a topic you would like to present, please let me know!  If you have a topic you would like someone else to present, let me know that, too, and I'll try to find someone to talk about it.

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--
Jan L. Peterson