[marc-announce] MARC Meeting TONIGHT!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 13:03:00 -0700

Greetings MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Sorry this is going out so late, but I have been busy with my new job and have not had a lot of time to spend on club-related activities.

We will be meeting this evening, 11 Nov 2021, at 6:30 PM at Murray Fire Department station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (about 35 W).  This is our "advanced topics" meeting for the month.  As no one has volunteered to do any training, I have identified a selection of videos from the Minnesota Ham Radio conference, many of which talk about antenna construction.  These are all pretty short so we should be able to go through a few of them and get some ideas for antennas we want to build in a future club activity.

Prior to the meeting (starting at 6:00 PM), we will have a quick "check-in" net on 223.440 MHz simplex (no tone or offset).  Crank up your 1.25m radio and join us.  Don't have a 1.25m radio yet? Joey informed us last week that he is working on getting the city to fund a bundle of new handhelds, likely to be the TYT-TH-350 radios, to replace our aging collection of Baofeng units.  You can check out a radio from the club if you don't have one that works on the 1.25m band, but you might want to wait until we get the new radios.  Alternately, the TH-350 seems like a very good radio and it is widely available for only about $70, so look at getting one yourself.  You may have to hunt around for one, though, as they seem to be a pretty hot commodity.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-