[macvoiceover] Re: using mail in lion?

  • From: Sean Murphy <smur7241@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:22:50 +1000

Hi all.

I have found a new method of reading messages within Lion Mail.

You need to be using the default view for Lion Mail. Your messages need to be
collapsed when there is a thread.

1.  Navigate to the collapsed message thread.
2. Press enter this will open another window with all the messages.
3. Press vo-shift-up arrow to stop interacting  with the control.
4.  Now press vo-right arrow. You are on the control that contains all the
messages in the thread.
5. Press the vo-down arrow to navigate between the messages and VO reads them
out automatically.
6. Use VO-w to close the window.

From this view, you can delete the messages you don't want to have from the
thread.