[macvoiceover] Re: upgrade or clean install?

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:35:42 -0700

Hi all, which options are in the installer, because when Buddy did the
installation, and maybe I wasn't listening attentively, I never heard
anything about upgrade, or archive and install, so I'm wondering if,
for purposes of demonstration, if somebody will let us see what the
screen looks like when installing the dvd, and then find the install
icon?  I heard the install icon spoken on the podcast, but people need
to remember, that they can't be impatient when doing the installation,
even though they've done it several times, because people like myself
have never done an installation on the mac, so it would help to go
through all the options regarding installation, as I don't want to lose
any of my settings when installing snow leopard.
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:43:54 +0100, Marie Howarth wrote:

well I can personally vouch for this. I got back 20 gig that I have
been missing for a while, and then the sl free space. I had before
installing 120 gig free on a 160 drive, including OS obviously, now I
have 138.6 or something to that effect. all I can say is
woooooooooww

On Aug 29, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Larry Smith wrote:

> Hi list. I just spoke with 3 apple tech support persons. Each one
> said that
> whether you perform a clean install or upgrade, your hard disk will be
> erased because snow leopard is a totally new operating system. I was
> told
> that the difference is the upgrade will preserve your data/file etc.
> Hopefully this will help some of us in making our decision of which
> way to
> go.

>> Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
>> below.

Marty