[macvoiceover] thanks to those who responded

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:48:03 -0800

Hi again,

Thanks to those who have sent helpful messages about web sites and key
combinations to access online tutorials built into Snow Leopard and Voiceover.
One person asked if I'd heard the podcasts on blind cool tech about Windows 7;
yes I did, and they are the reason why I decided not to upgrade. Too many
things about Windows are getting far too convoluted; too much is changing; the
classic view that's been around for so long is gone for no good reason that I
can think of. A lot of glitz and glitter is being added--not just to Microsoft
products but to screen readers. I think of all the times when I've had to
rebuild Windows from the ground up, by using the optacon reading machine to
read the screen, which was necessary because the sound drivers were on a
separate CD and had to be installed before any sound would come from the PC.
Once or twice I've had to dig around in the BIOS to change something; not hard,
but a nuisance. So, it's time for a change. I think that as time goes on, the
Mac will become easier to use with each new release, and many of the quirks and
challenges will be fixed.

Mary