[macvoiceover] Re: something i can't figure out

  • From: Mike's Western Account <mbabcock06@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:52:20 -0800

travis;
i attempted to download the source of the count word script and it said file is not there. Could you give me a hand?
thanks
mike
On Jul 20, 2008, at 4:15 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Several ways to do this.
One is to go to http://homepage.mac.com/windowbridge/ and download the scripts that show you how to do this. Second, you could download the text edit app posted there that has the word count script built-in. And, the other option, is to go to Greg Kearny's page, and grab his solution for same. (assuming of course I'm remembering correctly that he does have such a solution of course)

I don't have Greg's url handy at the moment, but if you need it, check list archives, or drop me a mail offlist, and I'll go dig it out.

On Jul 20, 2008, at 6:27 PM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

ok;
so someone use to have thi, and so i did likewise. It is relatively flusterring not being able to remember where i found it. I am looking for something, it use to do a word count on the current text edit document. Now i could write an apple script, or so i think i could;), but figure if someone all ready has it i would love it. I had it, but have since re-installed the os causing me to lose all previously ubtained applications, and idisks that i had had in history.
an help would be rather nice
thanks!
mike