[macvoiceover] setting boot options before restart?

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Accessibility <accessibility@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:27:21 +0200

Hello,

Since Apple has introduced install apps and os-updates from the internet, we
don't need a dvd.
This is good but , gives sometimes problems about accessibility.
I mean: we can't decide before restart, with vo-support, what to do after
reboot.
We also can't hear when it's time to press the letter since there is no dvd
turning around.

If I understand well, in some situations , we have to chose after booting up
what we want to do: booting the normal system, booting the install packages and
perhaps more options.
Of course , voiceover can't work on that moment.
So, it should be nice that we can decide what to do before rebooting.

A possible way of working:
In stead off choosing reboot, we chose a new vo-command e.g.
command+option+escape and there we have the choices what to do after reboot.

What do you think about this?

Best regards,
William Windels>