[macvoiceover] Re: requirements for running osx 10.10

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 17:54:35 +1200

The article I posted the link to indicates which hardware versions are required
for Yosemite. There may be a similar page for El Capitane available or it may
not appear until the version is available.
Either way, you cannot be certain until Apple indicates the compatibility.
Meantime, they can check if their machine is able to update to Yosemite, if so,
first increase the RAM because Yosemite will give serious speed issues if less
than 4Gb is installed.

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 3:08 pm, Sunshine <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

from what i can see if my friend updages snow leppard to the last version then
they should be able to up grad to 10.10 osx then then they should be able to go
to 10.11 osx then correct?

On 8/15/2015 10:02 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:

It may not be possible to upgrade directly to ElCapitane from Snow Leopard.
Read this page.
https://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/
<https://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/>

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 2:25 pm, Sunshine <
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

how would my friend go about checking this?

On 8/15/2015 8:48 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
Not necessarily, it will depend on the age of the machine, the compatibility
of a machine with the OS needs to be checked first. I suggest they do this
before installing, though if it is not compatible it may not be able to be
installed anyway, either way, make sure the machine can take more RAM, and
install the maximum it can take, as well as checking the compatibility of
the machine to the OS.

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 12:02 pm, Sunshine <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

So my friend could upgrade the memory to be able to use the latest versions
of osx?
They are very interested in the upcoming osx because of the features that
people keep talking about.

On 8/15/2015 6:59 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:
I would not run either Yosemite or the next upgrade on less than 4Gb RAM,
preferably 8 or more. They will have problems running only 2.
There is specific data on Apple sites regarding required hardware.
Snow Leopard is an excellent OS, better than Lion, perhaps even Mountain
Lion, it has a very small footprint and runs very clean.

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 11:04 am, Sunshine <
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

a friend wanted me to ask what are the requirements for using osx 10.10 the
latest version of osx
they have a macbook running snow leppard 10.63 2 gigs of ddr3 ram and an
intell core 2 duo processer that is running 2.4 ghz.
Would they need to up the ram to be able to handel the osx 10.10 and then
possibly the osx 10.11 when it is released?

Visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries>http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries
<http://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries>.
For more options, visit