[macvoiceover] Re: requirements for running osx 10.10

  • From: Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 13:48:58 +1200

Not necessarily, it will depend on the age of the machine, the compatibility of
a machine with the OS needs to be checked first. I suggest they do this before
installing, though if it is not compatible it may not be able to be installed
anyway, either way, make sure the machine can take more RAM, and install the
maximum it can take, as well as checking the compatibility of the machine to
the OS.

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 12:02 pm, Sunshine <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So my friend could upgrade the memory to be able to use the latest versions of
osx?
They are very interested in the upcoming osx because of the features that
people keep talking about.

On 8/15/2015 6:59 PM, Tuscia Falconer wrote:

I would not run either Yosemite or the next upgrade on less than 4Gb RAM,
preferably 8 or more. They will have problems running only 2.
There is specific data on Apple sites regarding required hardware.
Snow Leopard is an excellent OS, better than Lion, perhaps even Mountain
Lion, it has a very small footprint and runs very clean.

TF

On 16/08/2015, at 11:04 am, Sunshine <
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

a friend wanted me to ask what are the requirements for using osx 10.10 the
latest version of osx
they have a macbook running snow leppard 10.63 2 gigs of ddr3 ram and an
intell core 2 duo processer that is running 2.4 ghz.
Would they need to up the ram to be able to handel the osx 10.10 and then
possibly the osx 10.11 when it is released?