[macvoiceover] Re: opening up the addr.csv file

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 06:29:30 -0400

Hi Marty,

There are three more things to do here but let's take them in order.

1. check your mail prefs.  look at addressing and see how the prefs for it
are set.  It might be that for some reason, it is not set up to use type
ahead.  Also, when you send a message, the addresss is logged in the recent
addresses list.  Have a look at this list to see what the format is.  I'm
not sure how much manipulation is done during the import process and what
happens for instance if there is too much info.  I think I ended up taking
out everything but the email address, first, and last names for each record
to get this to work.  not that the apple address book doesn't support it,
but I wanted to make it simple because my import was failing with an error.
Also, while we are looking at things, have a look at the apple addressbook
and see how it lists the addresses you have imported and while we are at it,
check the two lists against one another to see where the discrepancy is.

2> create an address card in the addressbook and export it as csv I think I
remember this can be done and compair that record with one from your pm mail
csv.

3> see if you can get your addressbook converted from csv to ldap and try
importing it.  There is a web site that can do this if it is still working
that you can google for address book conversion or maybe even file
conversion will bring it up.

If I am understanding your previous message correctly, you may be having
difficulty because the import process doesn't know what to do with the
names.