[macvoiceover] Re: nfl and voiceover

  • From: Dolores Myers <dmyers46@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 10:49:49 -0400

Hi Cheryl,

You are not alone. I have the same problem on my Mac, my windows computer
and my iPod. I wrote the Nfl last week and got an answer yesterday. The email
i got said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. Let’s hope
they do fix it. I know there was a similar problem a few years ago and they
actually did fix it, so I’m hopeful they will do the same this year.
Dolores

On Aug 21, 2015, at 7:00 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some of you may be aware that the NFL is this year combining its
game-watching avenues into one called Gamepass which is available on both
computer and other devices including of course iOS devices. The NFL
acknowledges that the part of gamepass that would allow people to listen to
teams' audio feeds is not yet available on the i-devices. However, it is
apparently available on what they are calling "the desktop" which would
include Mac and Windows users. Unfortunately, insofar as i can tell, this is
not accessible for us on the Mac. there is supposed to be a choice once you
begin a game of condensed, audio and tv, but I have so far found no way that
we are able to access this unless I'm just not seeing it. I have let the NFL
know this but if any others of you have paid $100 this year expecting to get
audio feeds, or are thinking about doing so, you might want to contact NFL
and let them know there's a problem. If this is accessible and i have missed
it, it wouldn't at all hurt my feelings to be corrected. It is possible to
press "watch" and hear the game as televised so it isn't that we are
completely locked out but many of us often prefer listening to the audio
feeds. I do not know whether the version on Windows is more accessible or not.

--
Cheryl

The name of Jesus is not only light but also food;
it is also oil, without which all food of the
soul is dry;
it is salt, without whose seasoning whatever is set before us is insipid;
finally, it is honey in the mouth,
melody in the ear,
rejoicing in the heart,
and at the same time medicine.
Every discourse in which his name is not spoken is without savor.
(Bernard as quoted in Calvin's Institutes)