[macvoiceover] nfl and voiceover

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 18:00:51 -0500

Some of you may be aware that the NFL is this year combining its game-watching
avenues into one called Gamepass which is available on both computer and other
devices including of course iOS devices. The NFL acknowledges that the part of
gamepass that would allow people to listen to teams' audio feeds is not yet
available on the i-devices. However, it is apparently available on what they
are calling "the desktop" which would include Mac and Windows users.
Unfortunately, insofar as i can tell, this is not accessible for us on the Mac.
there is supposed to be a choice once you begin a game of condensed, audio and
tv, but I have so far found no way that we are able to access this unless I'm
just not seeing it. I have let the NFL know this but if any others of you have
paid $100 this year expecting to get audio feeds, or are thinking about doing
so, you might want to contact NFL and let them know there's a problem. If this
is accessible and i have missed it, it wouldn't at all hurt my feelings to be
corrected. It is possible to press "watch" and hear the game as televised so it
isn't that we are completely locked out but many of us often prefer listening
to the audio feeds. I do not know whether the version on Windows is more
accessible or not.

--
Cheryl

The name of Jesus is not only light but also food;
it is also oil, without which all food of the
soul is dry;
it is salt, without whose seasoning whatever is set before us is insipid;
finally, it is honey in the mouth,
melody in the ear,
rejoicing in the heart,
and at the same time medicine.
Every discourse in which his name is not spoken is without savor.
(Bernard as quoted in Calvin's Institutes)