[macvoiceover] Re: mal ware

  • From: Bryan Duarte <bryan0731@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:22:09 -0700

I would further advise that if you have a home net work that you be sure to
protect that network to the best of your ability as well. The Mac is not a
Windows machine. The OS is very different. creating viruses, catching viruses,
and removing them is very different. If you are concerned with your safty try
the following.

1. Set your user acount to guest not admin. Only an admin can install things
therefore it will cut down on a virus being installed accidentally.
2. only visit web sites you are confident in.
3. Do not mess with emails when you do not know who the sender is.
4. if you leave your computer on and awake while not on it, make sure to close
your web browser before walking away.

Oh and if this gets hard just remember no one is ever going to give you 100,000
or 1 million dollars! This is a direct tip that maybe it is not a safe email...
 ..