[macvoiceover] lion toughest and one question

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:04:08 +0200

Hello all,

I'll try first to right my toughts and after, I will ask some questions.

My first impression is not so good of lion.
O yes, there are some fixes in vo and safari, with the extensions of the
router, vo-activities, more voices in different languages, mission control and
launchpad.
But, there are even some bugs:
Ellen , Xander and perhaps some other voices are speaking url's , mail-adresses
and other elements very badly.
(it's since ios4.2 and so, strange that is isn't repaired yet).

About the speech settings:
It seems that the extra voice-options are always enabled and this means that
you always have to set the voice for every area on the screen even if you want
to use only one voice.
This seems a strange bug?

The braille improvements are there but very little in my opinion:
You can decide what to show on the display but you can't define a own (language
independent) label for each control.
 It seems also not possible to scroll with the braille line around the screen
without any restriction of area's, borders or other elements on the screen.
This can be very useful for orientation on the screen and seems available in
jaws or other windows screen readers for a long time.

Also a bug: braille keys can not be modified to link vo-combinations to
braille-keys.
This was possible in sl so, it should be a bug.

And of course : drag and drop.
I am glad to see that it's implemented but I have to do more test to see if we
can do the same as sighted users while dragging and dropping.

2.      Questions:
about mail and the favorite bar:
I like more the classic-view because you can there very easily read only the
subject, sender, date or other separated columns.
Then you can quickly decide which message you want to read.
But, some other should love more the new view.

Anyway, I have seen that the favorites-bar is also available in the classic
view.
However, I am not able to put one of my folders in the favorites-bar.

What I do:
1.      I go to the folder I want to bring in the favorites-bar.
2.      I press vo+ komma
3.      I go to the favorites bar and with or without interacting, I press vo+
dot to drop.
In booth situations, I had the message that the item couldn't be dropped there.
Is this because of the classic view or Is there something that I am doing wrong?

It would be glad if you can answer my question or give comments on my toughts.

best regards,
William Windels>