[macvoiceover] keyboard and numpad Commanders

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:51:04 -0800

I have been reading what I can about Snow Leopard and the keyboard
commander, and I have one question. I understand you have a choice of
which one of the option keys to use as the modifier key. What isn't
clear to me is whether you get to make that choice independently for
each command you assign, or whether you can pick one or the other
option key, and then that's the one that will apply for all keyboard
commander assigned commands. Naturally, I'm hopeful that each command
might be assigned to whichever option key you want, allowing you to use
one hand for the key on the keyboard and the other for the option key,
rather like hitting the shift key when typing. Also, am I correct in
supposing that any usb external numpad will work with a macbook for
numpad commander? Or is it picky like with Windows, where not all
numpads can be used for screen reader commands?

Thanks for any info you may provide.

Mary