[macvoiceover] iStream 2.0 and mac instructions

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerry Chevalier <gerry.chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, acb-l@xxxxxxx, General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:55:11 -0600

I am please to offer iStream 2.0 the free Macintosh Utility for VictorReader Stream users. I have also started to convert some VictorReader Stream documentation for Macintosh users. This version of iStream offers the following improvements

A greatly simplified and improved DAISY/NISO file installer. Simply select the DAISY/NISO directory and then select the $VRDTB directory on the stream and all the DAISY/NISO files will be moved into their own directory.

Option to install key files such as those from NLS or RFB&D.

iStream will also do the following:

Create the special folders required in the SD cards.
Back up your stream to the home directory on your Mac.
Copy, and if needed convert unprotected audio files from iTunes or any other source to the Stream. Copy text and html files to the Stream permitting the user to only select and copy those files which the stream can use.

Future versions of iStream will support conversion of Microsoft Word and Word Perfect files to text files readable by the Steam.

iStream is free. iStream and its source code can be downloaded from
http://w3.wmcnet.org/dtbmaker/istream/

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601