[macvoiceover] Re: VoiceOver and other training

  • From: John Panarese <tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:33:35 -0400

I think a coordinated effort in training for both the Mac itself and VoiceOver is certainly a great idea. The more resources out there, the better it will be for both the new or old Mac user or those considering the Mac as a computer option. I am not at all experienced in developing any specific idea along this line, but I'd imagine that trying to keep things as simple and straight forward as possible would be the best approach for any particular guide. Perhaps a "beginners" guide and a separate "advanced" one for the more adventurous or for those who are looking to get more in depth into any area.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

AUTHORIZED APPLE BUSINESS AGENT
MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING

On Oct 20, 2007, at 1:41 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

I am discussing with some people at Curtin University in Perth the possibility of developing training methods, systems and teachers for Macintosh VoiceOver, NVDA for windows and Orca for Linux as well as other access technology.

One of the ideas would be to offer training not only in the basics of system use but how to operate standard programs such as web browsers, mail and word processors as well. The goal being to have a set of training guides as well as trained people for various programs. Each of these following some sort of standard format.

To that end I would like to collect any thought you might have as to these issues, how this might be presented. Thing to do or not to do and so on. I welcome your comments you can post the to lists to be discussed but please send them to me directly as well.

Thank you.

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601