[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone crashing after upgrading to IOS 9

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 01:06:58 -0500

I've heard of a few crashes and I've heard of a lot of smooth installs too! Can
yr iphone crash and have to be replaced? - sure! Can it happen if you upgrade
at the beginning? - sure! Can it still happen if you do it later? Sure, either
one! I ran the beta. I did that on one device. I upgraded my other devices on
the first day. Could something have happened to them? Sure, but it didn't! The
more complex things get and the more people there are who have iPhones, the
more you will hear about crashes - and the more you will hear about successfull
installs also! I would never dream of telling somebody else to upgrade the
first day just because I usually do so. Neither do I think any of us can
categorically tell others not to upgrade. We can share our experiences and
explain what we are doing and why. If I should one day have my phone crash and
need replacement, I will tell people about that but I will also continue to
tell them about the several upgrades I did smoothly and successfully. I will
never try to give people a false sense of security "ah go ahead! It will be
just fine!" But neither am I going to send people a fearful message! Each
person must decide what his/her comfort zone is and do what he/she thinks is
wisest in a particular situation. So for those who want to wait or even stay
indefinitely at a particular level: that may be the best thing for you! Take it
at your pace and don't let anybody pressure you or look down on you because you
are not upgrading! But for those who want to upgrade, you also go ahead and do
what you think best; enjoy it if it goes well but don't feel foolish even if
you do happen to be one of the people who has problems. There is risk involved
in almost every activity in which we engage, and each of us has to make the
decision as to what risks are okay and what risks are not okay for him/her! It
is perfectly reasonable for Keith to warn about possible consequences and
advise caution, but it is also quite legitimate for those who have updated
successfully time after time to state this. The truth is that there is no way
to guarantee that it isn't ever going to be you who has the problem nor, on the
other hand, is there any reason to believe that most early adopters will
eventually meet their doom and regret that choice!

--
Cheryl
I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.

On Sep 24, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes that happened to our son and Apple had to replace his phone. This kind
of thing is happening more and more with Apple's updates. We recently lost
an Apple TV because of an update and Apple had to replace that as well.
Apple's updates are no longer reliable and have not been for a while. They
have already issued an update for this IOS9 release. Thats why I say don't
rush to update. Some one is going to have a problem just make sure that it
is not you.
We print the Bible in Braille,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Sep 24, 2015, at 1:32 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A friend of mine asked me if I knew anything about iPhones crashing after
upgrading to iOS nine. Mine is fine, anyone else have experience with this?

Ian