[macvoiceover] Re: how to prevent the speaking of notifications?

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:51:58 +1200

In Notifications you could try checking ‘do not disturb’
Also in Notifications preferences there is a table of applications that will
give notifications when active, you could remove Mail.

TF

On 15/07/2014, at 7:39 am, Carlos Taylor <cetaylor1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In OS 10.9, I have a situation that I hope can be modified.  If I have
mail open but am working in another window such as Safari, VoiceOver
speaks each incoming email message's sender, subject, and the first
sentence or so of the message.  How can I prevent this as I really
don't want to hear this while I'm working in another application.
Thanks.

Carlos Taylor