[macvoiceover] Re: how to make ringtone using itunes and VO

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 16:20:50 -0500

Once you have the ring tone made in iTunes, go to the finder and find the ring
tone in your iTunes library.  Copy it and put it on the desk top.

Then, press enter on the ring tone, and change the m4a to m4r and press enter
again.   VoiceOver will now say the name and call it a ring tone.

In iTunes, make sure ring tones is the focus in the sources table.  Then, go
back to the ring tone on the desk top.  press command-o, and the ring tone will
open in iTunes.  It will be in the ring tones section of the sources table.

Marcy

On Feb 8, 2011, at 1:26 AM, covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to make a ringtone using itunes and VO on the mac.  I have a
> .wav file and I added it to my library and converted it to .acc which
> gave me an m4a.  I have seen several posts to rename  the m4a to m4r,
> but they all say to drag the m4r into itunes which using VO there is no
> way to do -- or at least no way I know of.
>
> So how do I accomplish this step?  Also,  there seems to be no option to
> sync ringtones, all I see are apps, music, movies, etc.  What am I doing
> wrong here?
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
> How do
> you spend it?
>
>         John Covici
>         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx