[macvoiceover] Re: how to import a .csv file from pm mail

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 02:24:03 -0700

Hi David, I don't know anything about the settings in mail, so I need
to be shepherded through this thing step by step.  When I came on the
okay button, it was just a button, and it was on the far right of the
screen, the same thing with the open button, and I know I went through
this with an apple representative, and even tried importing the
addr.csv file again, and tried to ask the representative if I could
delete the first addr.csv file, and he didn't even know what I was
talking about, but when I arrowed to the right, it said 1510 cards, so
at that point, I had two addr.csv files in there, so he had me select
all with command a, and from the edit menu, I deleted all cards, and
tried importing the addr.csv again, but he was saying that address book
doesn't know what to do with the names, so it tries to put them where
it can, and his description made me think that there was no way to
successfully import the addr.csv file, so that I could just type a name
in the to field, and have mail fill in the rest of the address for me,
and when he is using visual terms like the icon you see in the top left
corner of your screen, it doesn't help me.
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 05:06:52 -0400, David Poehlman wrote:

What's in the box that says ok.  also, there are some settings in mail
that
govern the way vo reacts to the addressbook.  I would recommand having
look at the .csv file in your favorite text processor, text edit will
do
nicely and see just what is in it.  When I tried and failed often with
csv
imports, it was because there was not a proper match. the import failed

though which does not seem to be the case with you.