[macvoiceover] have you guys heard of solona?

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:33:01 -0700

Hi all, yesterday on the assistive technology show with Steve Sawczyn, he demonstrated a service that gets around the captcha problem regardless of browser, or operating system, and it is called solona, so, if you want to hear yesterday's show, just go to

http://www.atmaine.com
and search for the archives, and yesterday's show should be there. The way the service works is that you take a screen shot of the page with command shift 3, and then, after you've created a free solona account at
http://www.solona.net
you log in, and upload the picture image on your desk top to them, and a human will solve the captcha for you. I haven't done this yet, but Steve couldn't say enough about the service, and it was highly suggested, that one read the documentation before using solona, so I just thought you guys might want to know about this service, and the instructions for the screen shot I wrote are from the mac perspective.