[macvoiceover] Re: More on Losing Focus

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:30:13 -0400

I've had huge issues when I don't have cursors follow one another.

On May 28, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Chris,

I had a similar problem when I had all of my cursers following each other, so, I unchecked, "Voiceover curser follows mouse curser" and the problem went away.

I do understand that some folks can use there systems with all of the cursers following each other, but, it did not work for me.

HTH.

Keith Reedy

On May 28, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

So, I ftried a repair permisssions and, after reading and deleting a message in Mail this morning, I found myself about 25 messages higher in the list on an email I received back in April.

I understand why a GNU/Linux/UNIX/BSD/Mach/etc. system might struggle when there is too little free space on a hard disk as its swap file might outgrow the available space and things then tend to get pretty weird. I did the repair permissions and I cannot, though, figure out what permissions might have to do with losing focus in an application.

I also downloaded and installed the update that arrived in a dialogue on my Mac when I started using it this morning. I have restarted a few times since then.

While I remain a big fan of the Macs in our house, this problem with focus is really starting to take a toll on productivity.

Any more ideas short of  human sacrifice will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Hacking,
cdh