[macvoiceover] Re: found a demo of read iris pro from the developers

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:53:54 -0500

Hi there
No, the installer isn't all that accessible, it's one of those old Carbon-based apps :(. One would think they'd revamp their installer or just use a standard pkg file. I've never had it crash at the end like that, perhaps something is wrong with the demo version? The program itself is much, much more accessible than its installer, being a fully cocoa-based application.
As far as vuescan goes, what scanner are you trying to use it with?

On Jan 30, 2009, at 17:47, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

The installer is not terribly accessible, but I managed to get through it by using the mouse a lot. However, at the end, the installer crashes with an error message. Not terribly impressive.

I've not been able to get VueScan working with my scanner yet, either. Disappointing.