[macvoiceover] Re: dtbmaker

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 04:04:27 -0600

Please send me the original word file and I'll take a look at it.

Greg Kearney
On Oct 17, 2008, at 3:37 AM, william windels wrote:

hello,
I am trying to do the convertion based on ahtml-document made in microsoft word. The result of this convertion is 1 htm file (renamed to html, by myself), and a folder with images and 1 headerfile.htm. So, when I open dtbmaker , I fil in the form, and then I shose , create bookfile. Then I fil in the form again and try to select the html-file (outside the map of the headerfile and the images). When done this, I press build daisybook but then I have the same eror about spaces in Users/.../geloofsschool/bookdir/files*.xml).
or something like that.
Should I first open the html-file with command+o , then select the file and then , create bookfile?

When I open the file, the system says that it is doing the convertion and after finishing, I hear that I can find the daisy- files in the folder with the sourcefiles but this isn't true.

also strange, the system says during a try that it was making the book
but:
why should I filll in 2 times the form with producer isbn...?
I was looking in the help menu but, as far as I understand, there is no help available.

pls, could you say me the exact steps to make a daisybook , based of a html-document ?

thx alot,
best regards,
William

Op 17-okt-08, om 00:46 heeft Greg Kearney het volgende geschreven:

DTBmaker will not build from RTF only from HTML and DTBook XML files.

Greg
On Oct 15, 2008, at 5:06 PM, william windels wrote:

hello,
I try to make a spoken daisy book with dtbmaker based on a *.rtf- file .
What I do:
I open dtbmaker, I select "create bookfile" in the file menu.
Then I fill in the fields with producer etc... , I select a voice and the corresponding file. Then I select which kind of daisyformat I want and I press "build daisybook".

Then , I receive a error that the path or the filename shouldn't contain spaces buth the full path of the rtf-file is:
/Users/William/Documents/tmp/geloofsschool/overzicht.rtf.

What's wrong?
thx alot!
William