[macvoiceover] Re: disk repair

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:34:38 -0500

No, you don't need any sighted assistance at all. Here's what you have to do.
First of all, put your install dvd into the drive, and then restart your mac.
When you hear the chimes, press the c key and hold it until you hear the cd
spinning. Give it a while (a minute or two) and it should stop. Then press
command f5 (fn command f5 if you have a laptop) and vo will speak. Then select
your language. After this, go to the menu bar as you would usually do, go to
utilities and then disk utility. YOu can perform a disk repair from there.
Nothing should happen, but just in case I would back up important stuff.