[macvoiceover] Re: difference between enter keys

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 07:48:45 -0500

In general, it doesn't matter which enter key you use, 99 percent of the applications on the mac do not make a distinction between the enter key on the keyboard, and the one that is part of the numpad. Of those few that you might run across that do, generally, they'll tell you so in their documentation. Or, you could turn on the numpad commander, and have the numpad enter do any of the assignable functions if you so desire. I have my numpad setup to do all kinds of things, so I don't use the numpad enter for regular program use.

On Oct 3, 2008, at 6:25 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

the numpad enter is the classic old days enter key for entering figures with
a keypad.  the other key is called the return key and that means, ad a
carage return.