[macvoiceover] Re: converting text to audio.

  • From: - <dandunfee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Singing Sparrow <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:26:57 -0400 (EDT)

What you want can be done in terminal with this command:

say -f filename -o filename

The 1st filename is the text file, the 2nd the name you choose which will appear as filename.aiff which is an audio file. The "aiff" is a standard audio format most often found on an audio cd. This produces the standard mac voice but this can be changed to others if one wishes. If desired just ask as it is easily added to the command above.

Many mp3 players will also play it. An iphone or ipad likewise and I assume other smart devices as well.

If you want a mp3 format use itunes or lame in terminal to convert from aiff to mp3.

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Singing Sparrow wrote:

I would like to turn some text files i have to audio files using the mac.
Is this at all possible?
I mean so a person could play them on an external player like an mp3
player, or burn the resulting audio to a cd is this possible and if so
how can i do this?

XB

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx