[macvoiceover] Re: best scanning and OCR solution for the Mac?

  • From: Candie Stiles <cstiles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:29:17 -0500

Is there a way to scan documentts using read iris and scangeer that is accessible with vo?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 10, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You actually should be able to scan with either readiris pro or with Abby. The problem, at least with my canoscan lide 60, is that when I go to scan it dumps me in to scangear options and the pop-ups etc. aren't accessible with voiceover. I don't know if this is a one-time problem which you could fix with sighted help or whether you would be dumped into this each time you want to scan and I don't know which scanners have this problem and which scanners don't.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,