[macvoiceover] Re: a safari question

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:44:12 -0700

Hi Mike
Ok, a couple of thoughts here. First, are you using Tiger or Leopard? Dom mode or groups mode? Is mouse cursor set to follow the VO cursor? The reason I ask is that in Tiger, if mouse cursor is set to follow VO while groups mode is active, a lot of links with MouseOver events could trigger a crash. If you're using leopard then you can ignore this. Have you installed any third-party plugins in Safari? One of these could be causing a memory leak or a deadlock condition if it isn't written well, or has a bug. I'm not able to get either Safari or webkit to crash on the URLs you sent, at least not on my iBook. I'm not near my Mini at the moment, have to try that when I get back, though I don't imagine they'll crash on it either, but you never know.

Just my initial thoughts

On Jul 29, 2008, at 09:25, Mike's Western Account wrote:

well some storys on
http://www.fanfiction.net
my blog
http://www.gwhosting.net
and mosto f the time when i'm entering text like usernames or passwords

On Jul 29, 2008, at 8:09 AM, Randy Stegall wrote:

Hi Mike,

Can you give us the urls that you are having trouble with in Safari. I will try them if you post them.

Randy
On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Mike's Western Account wrote:

ok all
this ... is... not... making... me... happy... this is like the 22nd or so time this morning i've tryed loading different sites and it... is... getting old! I have webkit installed and have tryed with that and safari, safari will load a few pages, then when i load another one randomly i go to vo up or vo down and vo stops for a few seconds then it brings up the dialog that it has crashed. I've tryed hitting relaunch or whatever it is restart, and then sometimes it asks me if i wanna reset the settings for safari and i've tryed doing it and not doing it. This... Is... Getting... Bloody... Old... and i have no clue why it might be doing this. I havn't installed anything new lately or anything. Any ideas?
thanks
mike