[macvoiceover] Re: What do you do with your MAC?

  • From: Thompson Bob <thompsbk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:21:06 -0800

Hi all,
well, I will add a few things that I do with my mac.

I start the day by going online and reading the mail and local newspapers. Then
I will check out Safari's Top Sites.  Then comes breakfast.

I do a lot of photography.  This surprises people when they learn that my
eyesight is so poor.  It really helps to see things on a 27 inch monitor.  I'm
very interested in the stories that pictures and music can tell when presented
in multimedia ways.  My most used software is Microsoft Expression, Photoshop
Elements, DoubleTake, Quicktime, and   Fotomagico.  A few years ago I burned a
lot of CDs and DVDs.  Now most everything is presented on my Smugmug or Apple
mobile me sites.  I use iweb and itunes from the ilife suite of software.

My application folder holds nearly 100 applications.  Many of them were
downloaded from the versiontracker and MacUpdate shareware sites.  Some of them
are seldom used like Open Office, Pages, or Microsoft Office,  Most of them are
photo and audio related.

I think that I use voiceover differently than most people on this list.  I use
a Logitech mouse to navigate the Mac and control zoom, voiceover, and text to
speech with it's buttons.  This method enables me to listen to most of the text
that comes my way.  Voiceover is a very important part of my life.

Our 2 Macs are almost always trouble-free.  Crashes are very rare even with the
many applications that I use.  I do, of course keep backups.  When a problem
does occur I can get help online, on the phone, or at an Apple store.

Do you want to go to a warm place the Florida Keys.  Here is my last photo and
video project.  The photos were taken by my wife 2 weeks ago.  I stayed home in
California to take care of things.
http://panoramabob.smugmug.com/Bicycle-Trips-and-Tours/Florida-Keys-2009-Photovideo

Bob Thompson
Panoramabob.com