[macvoiceover] Re: What do you do with your MAC?

  • From: "Ginny Owens" <chickpowermusic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:28:40 -0600

I wish I were as smart as you!

Ginny Owens
Official site:  http://www.ginnyowens.com
MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ginnyowens
Be my fan on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ginny-Owens/7671492734

Be my friend on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ginny-Owens/742018292
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ginnyowens
iLike:  http://www.ilike.com/artist/Ginny+Owens

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Hofstader
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:47 PM
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: What do you do with your MAC?

In defense of JAWS (something I rarely do), MS doesn't do a great job with
Windows Server regarding traditional screen reader access and Macintosh is
built atop of a BSD/Mach kernel which was the ancestral home of all of these
server programs.  It's simply amazing, MS has done such a crappy job that
we're using UNIX/GNU/Linux/BSD/Mach kernels 30 years after their original
release without a whole lot of serious changes under the hood.  Yup, Vista
sent us back to the seventies to find an OS solution <grin>.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Nov 28, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

> Hi all,
> wow, this list is really extensive! I don't think I have a lot to add to
this. Only thing is I just got a Mac Mini with Mac Os 10.6 Server
preinstalled which I'm now setting up as a mail, web, file, chat, backup and
user management server. It is really fun and everything is accessible (a
much better experience than with Jaws under Windows Server), but you really
have to dive into it in order to understand everything that's going on.