[macvoiceover] Re: Voice over and WiFi connections

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:06:32 -0400

    If you have already connected to any network and you have chosen to save
the password in your keychain, the network will automatically be joined.  You,
unfortunately, do not receive any feedback that this is happening.  You can
determine the network by either looking at the WiFi menu in the Menu Extras
area by doing control-F2 or VO-M twice.  Also, in Network Preferences in System
Preferences, you can find out what network you currently are connected to.

    The only time you will be prompted by VoiceOver is if you are asked to join
a network in range, provided that you have not disabled this feature in Network
Preferences.  This will give you the chance to decide if you want to join a
given network that is available to the Mac.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION