[macvoiceover] Re: Voice Over not reading text

  • From: "Ron J." <Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:37:37 -0500

Gabe,

        Some questions for you then:

1. Could these Speech Manager commands, which you think are embeded in the text, and are freaking out VO, be the reason why VO sometimes makes a "trilling" sound when reading text? I've had this happen while reading messages in Mail, editing feilds in iTunes, reading profile info in Adium X,, etc.

2. Couldn't a program be written to analyze text for these strings and remove them?

        3. Could an AppleScript be ritten to do this in various applications?

4. Could some sort of a "system-wide" plugin, patch, or module, be written to monitor any text you're reading, be it in Mail, Preview, an editor, etc, and intercept these codes, before VO gets them and freaks?

I'm not a programmer, so maybe I'm all wet on this one. I'm just a rank amateur, when it comes to OS X, but, given the fact that the core of OS X is open-source, I'm actually surprised that there aren't any plugins, patches, or modules for augmenting VO. Just my thoughts....

Ron

On Jul 24, 2007, at 9:22 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

again, my suspect is that VO via the speech channel it is using is reading the lines that it is not speaking on a speech manager commands and therefore not reading do to a command syntax error or something to that affect.

Gabe Vega
The BlindTech----tech of all techs
Board of directors Arizona Council of the Blind
Phoenix
602-903-3852
skype theblindtech

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".