[macvoiceover] Re: VO and PDF

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:49:40 -0500

Hi,

I would recommend that you listen to the podcasts by Mike Arrigo on Blind Cool Tech. He explains how it all works in a series of 11 podcasts. Start with number 1 and by the time you get through 11, you will know all about it.

Robert Carter
On Sep 13, 2009, at 10:23 AM, Jeff Kisecker wrote:

Hi:

I had the opportunity to spend about an hour in the local Mac store playing with VO yesterday. Thanks to the input on this list and to reading the VO starters guide, I was pretty successful. I do have a couple of questions though.

Is there a way to skip directly to text on a web page?
I tried to open a PDF document on the web, is there an accessible Mac PDF reader? Do I need to save the document then open it in something else? Is there a way to right click and use another menu system?

I had a hard time figuring out Numbers, is there a good tutorial for this application?

Lastly, is there a way to access a file menu and such as in most windows applications?

Thanks much!