[macvoiceover] VMWare Fusion 3 and VoiceOver

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:43:53 -0500

Win 7 is also supported in VMWare Fusion 3.0, but I've heard that Fusion 3 is
having lots of problems with performance in general (their forums are full of
complaints).

Also, I used Fusion 3 recently, and the scroll area in the main window is gone,
so you can't move focus there and turn off VO in order to get keyboard focus to
the virtual machine. The command-g shortcut for grabbing keyboard focus is
still listed in their manual, but, when you press it in Fusion 3, you just hear
a bonk sound. I tried using the trackpad to click in the virtual machine
window, but that wouldn't direct keyboard focus to the VM, either.

Bryan