[macvoiceover] Re: Upgrade to Itunes 10.4.1 disastrous.

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:31:08 +0200

Hi Mark,
I don't think there's anything else in this world that you could do to VO to
get it to find a button. In your case, I think the best thing would be to
verify that the button is even there. In your case, it could be that iTunes and
it's components (part of which will still be present even if you delete iTunes
from the Apps folder) have been so dramatically corrupted that the installer
won't let you install iTunes in the usual way. So, I'd recommend grabbing a
pair of functioning eyes and asking them whether the button is there. If yes,
ask the person which is connected to these eyes to just click the button. If
you don't have anyone within reach, go to the window with the non-existant
Agree button and take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-3, the photo will
then be placed on your desktop. Either mail that file to a sighted person, or
call Apple support and explain your issue to them, I'm sure they will also let
you email the screenshot to them so they can have a look at the situation.
Should the button really not be there, I'm sure they can tell you how to get
iTunes back anyways.
As a last option, I think you could also reboot into your recovery partition
and choose to reinstall Lion. This won't erase your data, but it should repair
anything corrupt on your system, and thus should restore iTunes.
Hope any of that helps!
Robin>