[macvoiceover] Re: Updating to osx 10.11

  • From: Ian Harrison <harrisonclan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:36:55 +0100

Hi will this work with time machine if I upgrade from mountain lion?
Thanks
Ian
On 30 Sep 2015, at 16:24, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, you can restore using Time Machine. You restart your computer and hold
down cmd-r. You choose 'restore from time machine backup" and make sure you
choose a backup that was before you upgraded to the new OS. The instructions
for doing this when Yosemite first came out are still up online and I don't
think there would have been any change.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Sep 30, 2015, at 9:52 AM, Mary Otten <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does time machine back up the os? For some reason, I didn't think it
did. I use TM for my back ups but have been under the impression that
if I updated after backing up in that manner and something went south,
or I hated the new os, I wouldn't be able to downgrade back to the
previous os using my time machine back up.

Mary