[macvoiceover] Took my first trip to an apple store

  • From: "Marco" <news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 10:16:57 -0600

Yesterday, I went to an apple store near where I live and while I was buying
my IPhone, I checked out a mac notebook computer.  I remembered all the
instructions you guys gave me on how to turn voiceover on and wow!  The
laptop started talking to me without me having installed any screen reading
software.  Naturally, it took me a while to find the command key and the
function key and the apple keys and the control key but once I figured out
which was which, I was able to do some basic navigating.  I have to admit
that my knowledge of voiceover commands are limited so I couldn't do much
with the arrows other then going left and right.
    It was an eyeopener for me and it sold me.  Once I get my IPhone paid
off which won't be for about at least 3 months, I will seriously buy me a
mac notebook.  Now that I know that there is an office suite for the mac, I
know that once I migrate to the mac, that I will still be able to write in
my diary and write essays.
   Thanks everyone for all the info.

Marco