[macvoiceover] Re: downloading email?

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 05:36:45 +1200

Hello,

You need to make sure your POP3 or IMAP server name, port information, and security are set correctly to the requirements of your email account provider. If you cannot send messages either, you also need to make sure the SMTP server name, port settings, and security are set properly. It is more than just your account name and password, and can get extremely frustrating. To find your incoming and outgoing servers, you need to check with your email provider or find the information in the mail protocol settings in your email program.

David Chittenden, MS, CRC, MRCAA

Donna Goodin wrote:
Yeah, I had mail.  I tried before booting up the computer this morning, and
got no messages.  When I opened Outlook I had about fifteen new messages.
Donna