[macvoiceover] Re: The land of opportunity keeps growing

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:12:19 -0400

John,

Thanks for this note.  It brought a smile to this ugly old face.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 10, 2008, at 10:01 AM, John Hess wrote:

Good morning all. I have been on vacation for a week and have now just finished reading all of my mail. So, what have I learned? There is so much going on for voiceover users. IN the batch of e- mail that I have read through I saw talk about Garage band, accessible HTML editors, more then one type of accessible audio editing software and accessible office apps. So, for those who are switching, look what's happening-here. More and more apps are becoming accessible and there are more and more alternatives to the beloved Windows apps we are all used too. The variety of tasks that are able to be accomplished grows and the excuses for holding on to Windows are fading. It's a good time to pick a Mac. Just think, you buy your machine and speech and magnification come included. You can use your machine right out of the box and set it up without sighted assistance. Man!!!! I'm sure glad I have one of these machines. So, perhaps the question that a person switching should ask is: "what can't I do with VoiceOver?" Keep this great information flowing. It really made me happy to read all the wonderful things people are doing. Have a great day.

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab