[macvoiceover] Re: SD card inconsistent behavior

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:13:46 -0500

I’m not sure why this is happening. You might want to report it to Apple
Accessibility, especially if it is happening often to you.

I think your only alternatives is to
1. Eject the card and give it a few minutes before trying to insert it.
2. Eject the card and reboot the machine

When it does occur again, I would also check Disk Utility and see how the
card is being shown in Disk Utility. In other words, select the card from your
table of disks and press command-i for the info window.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Nov 1, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Judy Wilkinson <jwilkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,
Yes I’ve switched it back to “list” or “column” but this does’t work. When I
go out and come back in, it’s switched back to “icon”.
Judy

On Nov 1, 2015, at 8:53 AM, John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Judy,
Have you tried manually switching the view with command-2 back to list view
when this occurs? I have seen oddities with SD cards, but this normally has
been a case of the card not showing up on my desktop and me having to pull
the card out and insert it a few times to get it to work.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Nov 1, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Judy Wilkinson <jwilkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From time to time, when I put my SD card from either my second-generation VR
stream or my OnHand into my computer, the folders show up in two rows rather
than as a list and the “view” has changed to “icon” without my input.
When this happens, I cannot “paste” files to the card. When I check what’s
in the vo-f6 window, the folder I’m in, rather than the file I’m copying
from my download folder shows up. It’s as if the selection has shifted.

Sometimes, in time, this resolves itself and when I reinsert the SD card or
reboot, the “list” comes up in proper folder order and I can once again
copy. But this seems basically at the whim of my Macbook Pro. I’m running
Yosemite.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Judy Wilkinson